LEARN ABOUT COMPLETING YOUR
HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVE | FREE TO PUBLIC
Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the Month | Time: 11:00 – 12:00 Noon
Location: Whitney Senior Center
Due to the registration deadlines fast approaching – register TODAY!
What Does a Facilitator Do?
- Meet with individuals and families to explain various end-of-life treatment options and interpret often-intimidating medical terms.
- Guide the conversation to important topics that may be difficult to discuss.
- Provide emotional support, making sure the experience is comfortable and positive for everyone involved.
- Play an important role in preparing the individual’s chosen healthcare agent,
- Provide information and resources, as needed.
- Assist in the completion of a health care directive, the document that outlines the health care values and desires for treatment expressed during the conversation,
- Impact the larger community by providing formal or informal education opportunities or coordinating advance care planning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of systems that support advance care planning and provide performance reviews to improve the quality of systems currently in use.
What Do Previous Attendees Say?
- “Great information. I feel much more confident to have these conversations.”
- “Loved the course and learned new information that I will be able to utilize in my ministry.”
- “Well organized, great tools for use in practice, role play was very beneficial.”
- “All presenters were very passionate and organized. Lynn and Patty were engaging and able to provide sensitive areas & humor in an educational manner.”
- “I’m glad I took this course, not only for my occupation, but for my personal use. It had great content and wonderful presenters!”
- “I am walking away feeling confident in educating others about health care planning. Thank You!”
Who Should Attend a Class?
Anyone whose employment puts them on the front line of having the conversation with patients or community members on advance care planning and health care directives. Members attending our class have included: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Social Workers, Funeral Home Directors, Pastors, Parish Nurses, anyone working in a long-term care facilities, such as Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Hospice or Home Care facilities, orworking with Veterans or the elderly in some way.
How Do I Register?
We welcome anyone to the training. To register, simply download the registration form here. Or click that big orange button below this article Then simply complete the form and mail, fax, or e-mail your registration with your payment and you will be all set. Remember, completion of the class is great for CEUs, and we even provide lunch! It’s a phenomenal way to make a difference. We look forward to seeing you there!
Light The Legacy travels throughout the Central Minnesota area and are happy to speak about Advance Care Planning and Health Care Directives with your group. If you are interested in having a trained Health Care Planning Facilitator coming to your place of business or organization, please contact project coordinator Lynn MacKenzie. Together we can improve end-of-life care in our community!